The School of Film and Television expands to a second location with the debut of the new Playa Vista Campus. The 50,000 square foot space comprises 35,000 square feet for the School of Film and Television and 15,000 square feet to be utilized by the university for an evolving calendar of interdisciplinary programming. Venues and amenities will evolve as the vision of the campus comes to life.
Location & Hours of Operation
LMU's Playa Vista campus is located at 12105 West Waterfront Drive. We reside on the second floor of the building with entry to the space via the elevators at the 1st floor street level lobby.
The campus is open seven days a week, from 8am – 12am. There will be additional hours of availability during the peak times on the academic calendar.
LMU Shuttle service between the Westchester campus and the Playa Vista Campus is available six days a week starting August 2018.
Monday – Friday
- 7:30am - 11:30am, every 30 minutes
- 11:30am - 8:30pm, every 15 minutes
- 8:30pm - 11:30pm, every 30 minutes
- 9:00am - 5:30pm, every 30 minutes
The two stops on Westchester campus are located at the University Hall flagpole and Lawton Plaza. The shuttle will stop at the Playa Vista Campus and during return trips to Westchester Campus only, it will also stop at "The Runway" (retail/restaurant stop) in Playa Vista.
Parking for Personal Vehicles
Students may choose to drive their personal vehicle to the LMU Playa Vista Campus. There is currently no charge for street parking on West Waterfront Drive. Parking is on a first-come, first-serve basis and may be limited at peak times. Paid off-street parking is available at the campus building subject to posted rates.
The campus is open for classes from August 2018 with the following SFTV graduate programs:
- Writing for the Screen
- Writing & Producing for TV
- Film & TV Production
Home to many of our graduate screenwriting and film production courses, the space has been designed to support a wide range of creative endeavors including screenwriting, film directing, film production and editing, film and television studies, sound recording and mixing, web design and VR/AR production.
- The Gallery, a 5,000 square foot flexible-use event and meeting space
- 45-seat graded theater
- 28-seat screening room
- 3-general-use classrooms/meeting rooms
Teaching & Learning Spaces
These spaces will offer world-class amenities for SFTV students and faculty and will evolve to meet emerging needs.
At launch, they will include:
- 12-seat sound mixing stage with Avid S6 console
- 16-seat multi-use sound mix classroom with attached ADR/Foley stage
- A stand-alone ADR/Foley stage
- 16-seat Avid editing computer lab
- 8 professional-level Avid editing rooms with additional private teaching space
- 7 seat color correction theatre
- 11 classrooms, including two high-end collaborative active learning classrooms
- 3 flexible studios with green screen backdrops and moveable partitions
- 2 "black box" teaching and production stages
- 2 large "collaboration spaces/living rooms" with a variety of seating and table options for group and individual work
- A café-like lounge area
- Student Production Office (SPO) with resources and staff to aid student productions